Monday, May 4, 2009

Class Reunion

.
I signed up to attend my 30th high school class reunion. I haven’t been to any of my class reunions. This is partially due to living about 700 miles away from where I grew up. I still stay in contact with a few close friends but I am sure I will see many other people that I haven’t seen in a long time.

With this event coming up in July, I started to think about reunions in the Bible.

In Genesis 46, it tells about how Jacob thought Joseph was dead, and that now he’ll get to see him again and live out his last seventeen years with him. I’m sure that this was a very emotional reunion. Jacob thought Joseph was dead. He had mourned his son for years. Then, without any warning, there was Joseph.

I also thought about the great reunion that will take place in heaven. God promises that all believers will be reunited with Him in heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 “After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”

.

No comments: