Do I wish my marriage hadn't ended - yes. I wish I could look forward to celebrating a 60th wedding anniversary like my parents did earlier this year. I wish my daughter didn't have to go through all the pain that she has endured.
But I would never go back. What I have gained through this process far outweighs any pain I have experienced. The joy of knowing my Savior deeply and intimately is worth more than any material blessing. He has shown me His strength through my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). He has shown me that He is all I need. He has shown me that what man intends for harm, He will use for my good and His glory.
I have seen God's faithfulness. I have seen Him provide exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. He has been more than I could have ever asked or imagined. His faithfulness has changed me.
- I’ve learned to trust the Lord and His plans for my life – He never lets me down.
- I’ve learned that everything in this life is temporary and I should enjoy each moment of each day and I should live with my eyes on eternity. I’m just an alien passing through this world.
- I’ve learned that feelings, people, and even relationships can be gone in a moment.
- I’ve learned that hurt and pain can be great teachers – if I allow them to be.
- I’ve learned that sharing my heart and my hurt can not only help someone else, it can continue to bring healing to me.
- I’ve learned that God is faithful. He never lets me alone for even a moment.
- I saw that God didn’t abandon me in my hour of need and neither did God’s people.
- I’ve learned to focus on being kinder to others.
- I’ve learned that not everyone who claims to know Jesus really does.
- I’ve learned how important truth and honesty are in a relationship – not just with another person, but also with God.
- I’ve learned it doesn’t matter what other people think about me – it only matters what God thinks.
- I’ve learned how much I love to pray and sit in God’s presence.
- I’ve learned how desperately I need to fix my eyes on Jesus.
- I’ve learned that distractions come in a variety of packages and some of them look really good for the moment.
- I am continuing to learn to tune out the distractions and tune into the Spirit.
- I’m learning that when I walk with God, a lot of things won’t fit into my plans – and that I need to surrender my plans and my planning. When I already have my mind set on my way - I can’t hear His voice.
- It’s when I have completely emptied myself and surrendered my will, that God can fill me with His peace and His joy