Monday, December 17, 2007

Rest

I am looking forward to Christmas for a time of rest and renewal. I am lucky because I get two weeks off from work. The first week will be very busy with Christmas and family and parties. The second week is actually my favorite. A time to rest. No schedule. No appointments. A time to look at the priorities in my life and make sure they are what I want them to be.

Ps 62:5 "Find rest, o my soul, in God alone."
I John 3:19 "We set our hearts at rest in His presence."
Ps 91:1 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”

The verse I have the most trouble with is Ps 46:10. "Be still, and know that I am God.” It is so hard for me to be still. I have so many things to do – and they all seem important. Yet my most important thing should be my relationship with Jesus. Rest and refocus. That brings me to my favorite verse of scripture, Hebrews 12:2, “Fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.”

I challenge you to find the time to “rest” this Christmas season. Fix your eyes on the Savior. Allow Him to give you His peace and rest.

No comments: