Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Solid Rock

My thoughts are kind of jumbled this morning. Do you ever have mornings like that? I haven't been feeling well for a couple of weeks and this morning my mind is in a fog.

When fighting to focus, sometimes I think about some of the great songs of our faith. This morning I find these going through my head:

"Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blessed;
Finding as He promised, perfect peace and rest."

and...

"When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand."

Psalm 40:2 "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

Times change.
Things change.
People change.
BUT God never changes.

Malachi 3:6 "I, the Lord, do not change."

Revelations 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end," says the Lord, "who is, and who was,and who is to come,the Almighty."

God doesn't change with the seasons.
He is steadfast and secure, solid, like a rock.

Help me to trust in your unchanging grace and your eternal love.

No comments: