Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Do Sinners Have more fun?

.
I was listening to some old music and the song "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel was on. The line that caught my attention was:

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The Sinners are much more fun..."

Why do non-Christians think they have more fun than Christians? Do we live like we are not having a good time? Do we know how to have fun? Do we share that fun with others? Do we live sheltered lives? Are we too serious? Do we share our joy and happiness with others?

Did Jesus have fun? I think he smiled and maybe even chuckled the day he met Zaccheus. He saw him up in a tree jockeying for position. Then he told him to come down and now guess what else -- I'm coming to your house for dinner. I know what I would have thought -- is the house clean? What do I have in the frig to fix for dinner? I wonder what Zaccheus thought. Ever think of what Zaccheus' wife said to him when he brought the Lord home for dinner.

Jesus was a joyful person, continually urging his followers to be joyful. He explains to his disciples, "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." (John 15:11)

Jesus had to have a sense of humor - after all - He loves me. He loved me with all my faults and sin before I even loved him. I'm sure He has gotten a few laughs over some of the stupid things I have done.

So, live your life to the fullest, obey the Lord, and share that love and joy with others.
.

No comments: