Thursday, October 7, 2010

No Whiners


How do you react when things don’t go the way you expect them to?  Are you someone who steps up and puts on a positive attitude or are you a complainer?  It is really easy to whine and complain.

We all have been that complainer.  It is hard to always keep upbeat.  It is easy to complain.  It is easy to make excuses. 

Is it wrong to complain?  Does your complaining show an ungrateful or bitter attitude?  What do you think God thinks?  Can complaining lead to a worse problem?  I think it causes you to lose sight of all the good things God has done for you.  If you focus on negative things it will not only affect your relationship with Christ but will make you completely ineffective as a witness for Christ.

Things will go wrong in your life.  That one you can bet on.  You can let that thing take your eyes off of God or you can look to find a way to make things better.  Focus on God’s love for you.  Remember all the times God has provided for you.  Keep a positive attitude and pray that God will use this situation for good in your life.

Figure out what it is in your life that brings out your “grouch” or your “whiner”?  Concentrate on these areas and determine not to let that complaining spirit rear up its ugly head. 

Focus on the blessings in your life.  Focus on God’s love for you.

Have a great week filled with God’s love and grace.

 

Philippians 2:14 “Do everything without complaining or arguing,”

Ephesians 4:29 - “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”

Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Philippians 4:8-9 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.”

Philippians 4:11 – 13 “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

2 comments:

hopefagen.blogspot.com said...

Thanks. I got to this level very recently in my life. I felt I was behind my mates in life and ministry. I felt I should have gone far beyond this level with the heavenly deposits in my life, especially my gifts and calling. And God keeps giving me great vision of greater height to attain. So at a point i was getting weary - getting "THERE" seems to be taking too long. Before I knew it, i was complaning more than I was praising. But God taught me some lessons as I see others who are somewhat better than me or had better opportunity than I do, yet I am doing better than they are. I started counting my blessing and just like you wrote, I started seeing what God has done and not what he has not done. I stopped comparing myself with others and saw that my walk is a personal work and that it takes time to MAKE a man for his divine purpose especially when that purpose is GREAT. I have joy and peace and daily i look forward with hope living my life one day at a time until God breaks me through. Your message is a good reminder and inspiration. Once again, thanks.

Carol Horner said...

It's good to hear that something I've learned and then shared has blessed someone else. God is always good!