Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Vacation/Christmas


We spent Christmas in Pennsylvania with my parents. They live on a small farm in a rural area. We had a great time. We enjoyed a little snow. My daughter was able to sled ride one day. We were actually “iced in” for two days including Christmas day. We had a lot of time to relax. We played some games and worked a jigsaw puzzle.


As I reflected on the Christmas story this year, I thought about how God planned the birth of his son from the beginning of time. Even when he was creating Adam and Eve, he knew we would sin. He knew then that he would have to send Jesus into the world. He knew that Jesus would have to live as a human and then suffer and die to pay for our sins. Knowing all of that from the beginning of time makes me wonder why he created us. So as I reflect on the birth of Jesus, I am grateful that God loves me so much that He sent Jesus to be born, to live, and to die for me.
.

No comments: