Sunday, December 14, 2008

A weekend in review

.
The hardest thing about writing a blog is thinking up a topic to write about.

I finished my graduate class. I am extremely happy that it is over. I must have been crazy signing up for a class that went into December. It has been hard to keep up at work, take care of my daughter, get ready for Christmas, and finish a class. I need to think twice about taking a class during this term again.

Our football team won the Georgia Class A State Championship yesterday. They played great. It was televised and I enjoyed watching it on TV.

My daughter has spent all weekend getting ready for finals. She only has Math tomorrow and Math is her best subject. She should be fine. Tuesday will be a lot harder. She has her Bible final and her history final on Tuesday. That's a ton of stuff to memorize. Luckily she has done well all semester so this is all review for her.

She told me the other day that she was glad that Bible was about over. She currently hates her Bible class. That really upset me. I want her to love Bible class. The truth is she likes studying the Bible, she just doesn't like the project they had to do. She also didn't like the quiz she had where she had to write out all the books of the Bible (in order). She knew them all and could recite them. She learned that when she was in AWANA as a young child. Learning how to spell them took forever. She has a form of dyslexia and so writing and spelling are real challenges for her. She studied for about 2 hours. She got a 91% on the Old Testament and a 94% on the New Testament. I told her I was very happy with that. I don't think I could score any better.

So, with this class out of the way I should have more time to think about what to write in my blog. I can also go back to reading books I want to read. That excites me. Sometimes I wonder why I am pursuing this other degree. I am losing a lot of hours out of my life that I can never get back - and for what - another degree. Do I need that degree? Will I ever use it? I guess if I knew the answers to those questions, I would know what to do.

I an just about ready for Christmas. The decorating is done; the cookies are baked; the gifts are bought and wrapped. We will be leaving town on Friday to go and spend Christmas with our families in Pennsylvania. Are you ready for Christmas? Be sure as you spend time in the hustle and bustle of getting ready for Christmas, to take some time to think about the real meaning of Christmas. Christmas is a celebration of Jesus' birth. Take a minute to re-read the Christmas story and contemplate the real meaning of this season.
.

No comments: