Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Step Out in Faith


I was given the “privilege” of giving the devotion at our faculty and staff meeting.  (about 150 people)  I used the word privilege and I do mean privilege.  I am not a good public speaker.  I get very nervous.  However, anytime we have the opportunity to talk about God and His love for us, we need to do that. 

I was a wreck.  I didn’t sleep much the night before.  You might be wondering why this would bother me so much.  I really don’t know why it bothers me, I just know it does. 

I believe that God gives us each gifts and talents and we need to use those to serve Him.  I also believe that God can use us when we are outside our comfort zone – when we are doing things we aren’t necessarily gifted to do.  These are the times we are driven to our knees.  These are the times we show our faith in Christ when we step out in faith and believe that God will accomplish the task through us. 

Want to see God work?  Then attempt something that you can’t do on your own.  Something you have to trust God to get you through.  Step out in faith trusting God to get you through and then look back afterwards and give Him thanks.  He won’t let you down.

.

No comments: