Sunday, October 17, 2010

How are you running?


In church tonight the pastor was speaking from 2 Samuel 18:18-28.

The story is about a battle that the Israelites won but in winning Absalom was killed.  Absalom was King David’s son.  David was anxiously awaiting news from the battlefield.  Ahimazz begs Joab to let him run and tell David that they won the battle.

Ahimazz is seen by the watchman from a distance.  He is recognized by the way he runs.  David replies “He’s a good man.  He comes with good news.”

How do people see me?  Does how I live my life give credibility to my testimony?  When people see me do they say I am a good person?  Am I trustworthy in everything?  Am I always truthful?  Do I always do the right thing?  Do I always do my best?

What we do and how we live will affect our reputation and that will affect our testimony.  Would you be recognized by how you run?  How are you running the race?

1 Corinthians 9:24 “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.”

.

No comments: