Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Long and Winding Road


I wrote yesterday about looking back on my life and seeing stepping stones. Seeing all the places God has led me in order for me to get the experiences I needed to be effective in the position I am in today.  God has always been faithful to lead me and provide for me.

What struck me today was the idea that the path has not always been straight.  Sometimes it seems like it was three steps forward and two steps back.  Sometimes the road was very crooked and wound around.  Sometime I took the long way to get where God wanted me to be.  Sometimes the path got rocky but that just caused me to trust God more.  The main idea here is that you have to keep your eye on God and trust that He knows what is best for you.

Habakkuk 3:19  “The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.”

Isaiah 40:31  “those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Psalm 37:23 “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.”

No comments: