Monday, January 9, 2012

Stepping Stones


There have been many times in my life when I’ve been able to look back and see God’s hand on my life.  I’ve been able to see how God led me to different jobs and how each one was needed to move me to the next one.  It is easy to see the stepping stones looking back.

I am now at a time in my life where I don’t know where God is leading me.  I know that my family is packing up everything we have and moving to rural PA when school is out.  I know that I must immediately have a job.  I know that my husband must immediately have a job.  I know that I have a condo and a house to sell in GA before I can think about buying a house in PA.  I know that my daughter is starting college in PA in the fall.

What I don’t know is how it is all going to work out.  As I look forward there are no stepping stones in sight.  I am sticking out my foot and taking a step in faith that there will be stone under my foot when I set it down.

I am confident that the Lord knows what is going on.  I am confident that he will provide for my family.  I know that God loves me and wants the best for me and my family.  I am confident that God is leading and directing us in this journey.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

We are committed to living our lives in a way that would please God.  We walk by faith in Christ.  2 Corinthians 5:7 

Proverbs 3:5-6  
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight. “

Trusting is hard.  I want to see the stepping stones laid out in a path in front of me.

Show me your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths   (Ps 25:4).
Direct my steps by Your Word  (Ps 119:136).
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;   (Ps 32:8).
God's word is the lamp unto your feet and a light to your path   (Ps 119:105)

No comments: