Monday, February 11, 2013

Help me …

Lord:

Last week was a particularly hard week for me.

Help me fix my thoughts on what is true and honorable and right.

Help me think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable.

Help me think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Help me fix my eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of my faith.

Help me to put others needs above my own.

Help me to set my mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Help me to hate what is evil and to hold fast to what is good.

Help me forget what is behind and press on toward the goal.

Help me commit my ways to you and trust in you.

Help me to rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks for everything.

Help me to seek your face continually.

Help me to love You with my whole heart, mind, and soul.

Help me to love others.

Help me to be obedient.

Help me to seek Your will and not mine. 

Help me be submissive.

Help me to remember that I am the clay and not the Potter.  Your will and not mine.

Help me be humble.

Help me to trust you with every detail of my life. 

Help me surrender my goals and desires.

Help me be completely honest and trustworthy. 

Help me live a life worthy of the gospel.

Help me be a light in the darkness.

Help me be faithful to You. 

Help me to love the lost.  Break my heart for the things that break Yours.

Help me have the heart of a servant.

Help me to be the hands and feet of Jesus and to make an impact on the world around me.

Help, help, help ….

Help me, Jesus.  Every hour, every minute, every second.

No comments: