Monday, July 21, 2014

Keep Showing Up

I’ve been through some hard times the last several months.  I don’t know what the future holds for me, but God does.  I don’t know how some specific situations are going to work out in my life, but God does. 

No matter what happens in my life; no matter what troubles or problems I encounter; one thing I have learned is even when I don’t feel like praising, or worshipping,or reading, or studying the Word, or praying – Do it any way!  Keep showing up!  God rewards faithfulness.

The harder the situation, the more time I should spend in His presence.  Keep coming closer.  Keep running to God. 

Even when I don’t have the words to pray – be there – in my quiet place – with my heart quiet before God.  Guess what, God can handle my silence.  I don’t have to repress my feelings, my emotions, my tears. God wants them all.

The enemies goal is for me to withdraw from His presence – to stop seeking His face.  To believe the lie that God doesn’t care. 

God is faithful.  God loves me.  God delights in my spending time with Him.

God doesn’t just love me when I’m handling things right or when everything is going right.  He loves me constantly and unconditionally.  Nothing can separate me from the love of God.  He wants to wipe away my tears.  He wants to be with me.  He has not forgotten me.  His calling on my life is truer now than ever.

When circumstances scream otherwise, believe the truth – I am a child of the living God and He is for me.  (Romans 8:31)

Worship Him when nothing else makes sense. 

Keep showing up.  You can bet He is waiting for you.

No comments: