Sunday, July 20, 2014

Remember Peter

Luke 22:31-32

“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”

Jesus did not promise that Satan wouldn’t test Peter.

Jesus did not prevent Peter from failing.

Jesus did not tell Peter nothing bad would happen to him.

Jesus did say he would pray for Peter’s faith not to fail.

Jesus said – you are going to be tested beyond your limits and you are going to blow it big time.  When that happens, pick yourself up and use it for good. 

Jesus handpicked Peter – knowing in advance every mistake he would make.

Jesus knew that when Peter turned back, he would be in a position to strengthen his brothers.

God handpicked me – knowing in advance every mistake I would make.  He’s not asking for perfection from me – he’s asking for faithfulness.

He’s asking me to get up and turn the mess into something good.  This world needs to see how powerful God is and they can do that when I allow God to work in my life and through my mistakes.  They need to see that God is bigger than our problems and more powerful than our mistakes.

No comments: