Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Count my blessings

I spent three hours in the ER last night with my daughter. She had an accident playing soccer. While going to head the ball, she collided with another player. There was blood everywhere. I took one look and said, "I think she broke her nose." We know they don't really do much for a broken nose but we decided to have it looked at anyway. Three hours later, it was confirmed to be broken. She was given some pain medicine and sent home. We'll watch it to make sure it heals straight. If it doesn't, then we'll have to take her back and have it set. I remember being worried and thankful at the same time. I know she'll be fine. There were many other people at the hospital in much worse shape than she was. I need to remember every day to count my blessings and to thank God for taking care of my family each and every day.

No comments: