Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What a Friend We Have in Jesus

.
1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.

3. Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.

You can play it here:


Have you ever thought about the words to this song? I’ve had it in my head today.

What a friend we have in Jesus! Think about what that means.

He knows all my faults and yet he accepts me as I am. He sees all my weaknesses, but he never gives up on me. I can trust him to lead and guide me.

With Him I can share all my thoughts, feelings, frustrations, fears, sorrows, and joys. I can confide in Him my deepest needs. He always understands.

He even knows the things that are on my heart that I haven’t been able to tell him. When I am sad, He shares my grief. When I’m exhausted at the end of the day, He holds me up.

He tells me everything I need to know in His Word. He shares His thoughts and dreams. He shares His plans. He shares about His joy and His sufferings. He lets me know that He loves me and that is why He died for me.

My friend, Jesus, is wise, patient, loving, kind, faithful, considerate, unchanging, dependable, strong, loyal, true, and pure. He meets all my needs.

Is he your friend, too? He wants to be.

No comments: