Friday, February 19, 2010

Lazy Day


I had a lazy day today.  I can’t remember the last time I took a day and did absolutely nothing. 

I got lots of sleep and rest.  I needed it.  The cast on my leg is very heavy and my arms and wrists are sore from the wheelchair and crutches. 

It was felt good to just have a quiet lazy day.  I watched some TV.  I read some.  I worked on a jigsaw puzzle.  I listened to some music.  I watched my daughter rearrange stuff in her room and enjoyed time with her. 

I have some school work I could have done today but I decided that I was actually going to take a day off.  It was wonderful.

Today was exactly what I needed.  I’ve been tired and a little down.  The cast is exhausting.  I need the joy and the strength that only God can provide.

“the joy of the LORD is your strength”  Nehemiah 8:10

“but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  Isaiah 40:31

“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. “ (Psalm 51:10-12)

No comments: