Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Trials


“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”  (James 1:2-4 )

Sometimes things don’t go exactly as you planned.  How you react to those situations shows who you trust in.  I have been having trouble with my foot for over a year.  I have been through therapy, medications, splints, shots, and now I am in a cast for six weeks.

I can choose to be miserable or I can choose to make the best of a bad situation.  I am choosing to try to be upbeat and positive.  I am really praying that this will solve my foot problem.  I have no guarantees.

Life is full of trials.  We need to believe that all things work together for the good for those who love the Lord.  The trials come into our lives produce perseverance and character.  They teach you to trust Christ with everything.

Look at the trials in your life as an opportunity to trust God.

 

“we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.”  (Romans 5:3-5)

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”  (Romans 8:28)

No comments: