Sunday, February 28, 2010

Conflicted


One of the ladies I work with made a comment on Friday that has stuck with me.  She asked how I could keep smiling and have such a good attitude and have my foot in a cast and have to use wheelchair.

I have been purposely trying to have a good attitude.  I have been trying to practice Philippians 4:4 which says “Rejoice in the Lord always.”  I have also given some thought to Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Yes somewhere down inside I am really frustrated.  When I am home in the evening, it drives me crazy.  I know I want my foot to get better.  I know that this gives me a good chance.  I also know that hobbling around on crutches and using a wheelchair are a big pain.  I can’t do what I want to do.  I am dependent on others.  That isn’t the way I like to live.

So am I a liar?  I give the appearance at work that all is well.  I try to have a good attitude.  I try to paste on the smile and stay positive.  Yet that isn’t the way I really feel.

How do I resolve this conflict?

Have you ever felt like this?

.

No comments: