Sunday, March 11, 2012

I’m Busy Plowing My Field


Story ….  Two farmers were praying for rain.  One farmer went out and got busy plowing his field and the other sat and waited.  One of the farmers got the rain he prayed for.  Which one?  The one who plowed his field.  Why?  The farmer who plowed the field did so with faith that God would answer his prayer for rain.  The other farmer did nothing to show that he believed God would actually answer his prayer.

God is in the business of answering prayer.  What are you praying for?  Are you really believing God will do it?  Are you out plowing your field in expectation of his answer?

I am packing boxes believing we are moving this summer.  I am taking tests and gaining certifications in expectation of the job that I believe he will provide.  I am doing my best to plow the fields in expectation of what God is going to do this summer. 

 

Story comes from the movie “Facing the Giants”

.

No comments: