Friday, September 21, 2012

I am…

This is kind of a follow-up of yesterday’s post – Who Are You?

In Jesus Christ, I am …

  • Saved by faith (Ephesians 2:8-9)
  • Forgiven of my sins. (1 John 1:9)
  • Protected from the evil one. (John 17:15)
  • Loved by the Father.  (John 17:23)
  • Justified by faith (Romans 5:1)
  • Made righteous through the obedience of Christ.  (Romans 5:19; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
  • Set free from the law of sin and of death.  (Romans 8:2)
  • Enriched in every way.  (I Cor. 1:5)
  • Given wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption. (I Cor. 1:30)
  • Bought with a price, and I desire to honor God with my body.  (I Cor. 6:20)
  • Reconciled to God, and I have been given the ministry of reconciliation.  (2 Cor. 5:18)
  • Blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. (Eph. 1:3)
  • Holy and blameless in God's sight.  (Eph. 1:4)
  • Strengthened with power through His Spirit in my inner man.  (Eph. 3:16)
  • Confident that He who began a good work in me will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil. 1:6)
  • Not needy, for God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. (Phil. 4:19)
  • Delivered from the domain of darkness and transferred to the kingdom of His beloved Son.  (Col. 1:13)
  • Not fearful, for God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind -- which happens to be nothing less than the very mind of Christ. (2 Tim. 1:7; 1 Cor. 2:16)
  • Redeemed (Gal. 3:13)
  • Adopted into the family of God. (Eph. 1:4-5)
  • Crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me. (Gal. 2:20)
  • Born again. (John 3:3)

    Wow, what any encouraging list!  It’s good to remind ourselves who we are and that this was only possible because the sinless Son of God willingly gave his life on the cross so that we could be saved.

    Have a great weekend.

  • No comments: