Thursday, February 6, 2014

Where does God want me to be …

I have been recently wondering (as I sometimes do), if I am where God wants me to be.  Opportunities to minister in my current school are limited.  I struggle seeing that I am having any impact here at all. 

As I prayed through these thoughts this week, I was reminded how I got this position.  To make a long story short – I sent out dozens of resumes prior to our move to PA.  I got one interview.  It was for a position that didn’t currently exist and I got the job.  God completely provided this position. 

I needed reminded of these facts.  I needed reminded that God provided.  I needed reminded that I am where He called me to be. 

God reminded me of something I wrote a while back – Don’t leave the front line of the battle I’ve placed you in just because you want to fight somewhere else.

When we know we are where God wants us to be, then simply be satisfied serving Him there.  Don’t look at other people’s ministries and wish you were there.  Don’t be jealous that God isn’t using you the way he is using someone else.  When you make your life a living sacrifice then you are willing to be used anywhere, in any way, at any time.

We don’t see the battle the way God does.  We don’t see the impact we have on those we come in contact with.  God sees the beginning and the end.  God sees the hearts of people.  We may never reap the harvest from all the seeds we’ve sown, but God knows. 

If God has placed you in a specific place to minster then it is because he believes you are the correct person for that particular time and place.  God doesn’t make mistakes.  Just trust Him and serve Him.

And so I continue to do my best to live the way Christ would want me to live - to live out my faith through my actions at work (I’m not allowed to talk about it).  After all, James tell us that faith without works is dead. 

I do what I can to encourage others.  I got an email from one lady that simply started with, “I know you pray and wanted to know if you would pray for me”  and then she went on to tell me what she needed prayer for.  I had another instance where I was asked to help sponsor a student prayer group.  The person who asked me said she knew I was interested in that stuff.  What you do and how you live your life matters.  It speaks louder than words sometimes. 

And so I continue to keep my eyes focused on Jesus and the battle before me.  Should He want me to fight somewhere else, He’ll let me know and if He does I need to be ready to move on.  Until then, I will bloom where I am planted.  I will be satisfied.  I will rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances. 

I needed to be reminded.  I needed this pep talk.  What about you ….  Will you be salt and light?  Will you fight with all your heart the battle that the Lord has placed you in?

.

No comments: