Thursday, August 21, 2008

God pursues me!

This song was going through my head today.

Who is this King of Glory by Third Day.

Who is this King of Glory that pursues me with his love
And haunts me with each hearing of His softly spoken words
My conscience, a reminder of forgiveness that I need
Who is this King of Glory who offers it to me

Who is this King of angels, O blessed Prince of Peace
Revealing things of Heaven and all its mysteries
My spirit's ever longing for His grace in which to stand
Who's this King of glory, Son of God and son of man

His name is Jesus, precious Jesus
The Lord Almighty, the King of my heart
The King of glory

Who is this King of Glory with strength and majesty
And wisdom beyond measure, the gracious King of kings
the Lord of Earth and Heaven, the Creator of all things
Who is this King of Glory, He's everything to me

The Lord of Earth and Heaven, the Creator of all things
He is the King of glory, He's everything to me

In all the other religions of the world, people are pursuing and trying to please their god. One of the key differences between these religions and Christianity is that Christianity is the only faith where God reaches out to man. He pursues and seeks us out. We are the ones who are lost, not God. This amazes me. I rejoice not only because God sought me out but because He wants to know me. The God of the universe desires to know me. He wants a relationship with me. He wants me to talk to Him. Try getting an understanding of that concept. We can talk to him just like a close friend. We can know the very heart of God. That’s what makes Christianity a relationship not a religion.

No comments: