Friday, August 22, 2008

God's love pursues me - Part 2

Love is a verb. It is something you do.

"We love because he first loved us." I John 4:19

Even before I loved and accepted Christ, He loved me. He loved me knowing that I would sin. He loved me knowing all my shortcomings. He loved me knowing I would not remain faithful all the time. God loved me then, loves me today, and will never stop loving me. God pursued me. He never gave up on me. He reached out to me when I didn’t deserve His love. He saw me in my worst conditions. He loved me through it all. He saw me when I was weak and weary from the load I was carrying. He ran to me and took me in His arms and held me. His love pursued me and never gave up on me.

You can’t buy love. You can’t earn love. You can’t contain love. It can’t be harnessed or quenched. What amazes me about God’s love for me is that there is no end to it. God never runs out of love for me. Even when I am faithless, He continues to be faithful and continues to pour out His love to me. That kind of love will change your life……

No comments: