Friday, August 29, 2008

Make My Life a Prayer to You

I've had a song running through my head tonight. Make My Life a Prayer to You by Keith Green. This is an old song and I have no idea why it popped into my head tonight.

Make my life a prayer to you
I wanna do what you want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise

I wanna shine the light you gave
Thru your son you sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know youre really there

Chorus:
Well I wanna thank you know
For being patient with me
Oh its so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess Ill have to trust
And just believe what you say
Oh you're coming again
Coming to take me away

Keith Green was one of the first Christian artists that I started listening to. It seems like that was a life time ago - back around 1979 or 1980. His words really reached me. I was a young Christian and I was just learning what it was to follow Christ.

I'm not sure why my mind went to this song tonight but it is a great one. If you've never heard it, you can play it for free at http://www.jango.com/music/12441-Keith-Green?l=0

Have a blessed and safe Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Connie White said...

Thank you so much Carol for sharing you wonderful blog with me. I am also a huge Keith Green fan and I have been wonderfully blessed as I reflect upon the true meaning of his words.
I can't tell you how much I am enjoying getting to know you. I truly cherish your friendship:)
I know God will use your humble heart to reach others for him in a mighty way.
In Him,
Connie