Wednesday, December 2, 2009

God is Everywhere


God is omnipresent – meaning God is everywhere.

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there" (Psalm 139:7–8)

God is with me all the time. His presence is always near.

"God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being…" (Acts 17:27-28)

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Colossians 1:17)

The eyes of the LORD are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. (Proverbs 15:3)

Sometimes it seems like God is a million miles away. It is in those times that we simply need to turn our focus back on Him. When we do, we are immediately comforted by His grace and His peace.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." (Psalm 16:11)

.

No comments: