Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Be Who You Are


I’m having a hard time sleeping so I thought I would get up and write.  I’m not sure why I can’t sleep.  I’m not really worried about anything.  I’m not really stressed about anything.  My surgery is coming up on Thursday morning but I’m really not thinking about that very much – other than trying to take care of all the details.  The following are some things I was thinking about while I wasn’t sleeping …

Your Christian faith is a personal faith. While there is only one true God, each of us has to come to Him in our own way. The similarity is that we each have to lay down our lives, our burdens, our sin, our securities, and trust Christ. We trust Him to save us. We trust Him to take care of us. And we trust Him to lead and direct us through this life.

My path to experiencing God and His presence will not be like yours. What I am called to do will not be what you are called to do. We are individually called and we individually have to make the decision to follow and to obey.

God uses each of us differently and we are not to try to be like someone else. God didn't call me to preach. He called me to teach. In this current time of my life, He has laid things on my heart to write. I have never felt I was a good writer and yet here I am writing a blog.  It’s the idea of being the best you can be for God.  You are not called to imitate someone else.  God wants to use you, just as He created you, with all your unique gifts and abilities.

What He has called you to do, He will enable you to do.  Just be who you are and allow God to work through you.

It’s late.  I hope this all makes sense.  Perhaps now I’ll get some sleep.

“The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.” 1 Thessalonians 5:24

“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10

.

No comments: