Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pain


If none of this makes sense, blame it on the medication I’ve been on since my surgery on Thursday.  By the way, everything went well and I should be back to work in a week or so.  I am sleeping a lot and am unsteady on my feet yet.  However, when I can stay awake, my mind seems to be working OK.

I’ve been thinking a lot about pain lately.  (I wonder why)  Pain is an uncomfortable feeling that tells you that something is wrong in your body. Pain is your body’s way of sending a warning message to your brain. 

In the same way that physical pain tells me that I need to see a doctor, emotional or spiritual pain tends to push me towards Christ.  It causes me to readjust my priorities and perspective. 

As we face painful times in our lives, one thing that we can be sure of is that the Lord will be faithful to us. That doesn’t mean we won’t experience difficult times but that we won’t face them alone.  As we face difficult times we can do it with a peace in our hearts.  We may also see that God uses some of the hard times in our lives to be a blessing to others. People watch how Christians deal with difficult times.  Hopefully, they will see our faith and it will inspire them to believe.

When times are tough we need to focus on God and stand firm on his promises.  He is our rock and salvation.  The only way we can truly do this is by knowing the Word. I need to study the Word and have it in my heart so when hard times come, I can draw my strength from it. 

God doesn’t promise that we won’t go through hard times.  However, He does promise that we won’t go through them alone.

So, where are you focused?  Ask God to help you focus your energies so you can look beyond your circumstances.  Ask God to help you feel his presence near you. He loves you and He is always there for you.

.

No comments: