Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Psalm 27


“The LORD is my light and my salvation;
          whom shall I fear?
     the LORD is the strength of my life;
          of whom shall I be afraid?”
  Psalm 27:1

One thing I noticed in the above Scripture is that it doesn’t say that the Lord gives light.  It also doesn’t say that the Lord provides strength.  It says the Lord is light and the Lord is strength.

When you accept Christ, the Holy Spirit lives inside you.  From inside you, the Lord is light and strength.  He takes care of you from the inside out.

Not even Goliath scared David because David knew that the battle was already won.

Just in case you think your life is harder than David’s was, read the next couple of verses.

When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.”  Psalm 27:2-3

Saul’s entire army was out to get him.  One man versus one army – that doesn’t seem like very good odds.

The Lord was David’s strength.  He was confident in what God could and would do through him.  It seems like in this situation there would be a lot of things I would ask the Lord for.  David’s focus was on one thing only – his relationship with the Lord.  Look at the next verse.

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.” Psalm 27:4

David is not showing fear.  He is confident in what the Lord was going to do.  He knew the Lord would protect him. 

No matter how tough we have it, I think David probably had it worse.  So no matter what you are going through, look to the Lord.  Seek a relationship with Him.  Be confident that the Lord loves you and that He is light and strength inside you.

.

No comments: