Friday, March 12, 2010

Mission Trip


I’ve spent the week helping my daughter.  She is leaving tomorrow morning to go on a missions trip for the next week.  She and 16 other girls from her school are going to New Mexico.  They will be working on a Navajo reservation for a week.  Some of their jobs will be painting a church, delivering food to the elderly and working with teen Moms.

This is a tremendous opportunity for her.  She will get to see a part of the country that she hasn’t been in before.  She will be working with people in another culture.  She will spend her week helping others. 

Why would she want to do something like this?  Why would we want her to do this?

She feels like this is what God wants her to do with her spring break.  If she feels that way, then her Dad and I will encourage her to follow where the Lord leads her.  She is almost 17 and able to start making decisions for herself.

I heard this quote a long time ago and it has stuck with me. “The safest place to be is within the will of God.” 

I have prayed for her since before she was born.  I have prayed that she would love the Lord and want to serve Him. She accepted Christ when she was 5 years old.  She has always loved learning about God.  Now she has a chance to apply all that she has learned.

I am excited to hear how God uses her and her team.  I am also excited to hear how God works in her life as she serves others for the next week.  It could be a life changing event for her.

Will you join me in praying for her and her team?

No comments: