Thursday, March 18, 2010

Are You Content?

 
I have had a particularly frustrating week.  I was anxious to return to the foot doctor on Tuesday.  I was hoping to get the cast off my foot.  I thought I was really lucky because the doctor did remove the cast.  She put me in a removable walking cast and told me to wean myself off my crutches over the next week.

My foot is stiff.  The ankle is sore.  The heel still hurts some.  I could deal with all of this, but somehow because of the funny way I was walking, I hurt my back.  This was not what I needed this week.  It is so sore that I can barely move.

So I sat here tonight to read my Bible and I was feeling fairly frustrated and what did I turn to ….

Philippians Ch 4.  Isn’t it bad enough that it is telling me to rejoice in everything but it is also telling me to be content in all circumstances.  This was what I needed to hear, but not what I wanted to hear. 

God’s Word seems to continually meet me where I am and minister to my needs.  I am not feeling content.  The chapter goes on to say that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  It also says that He will meet all my needs.  It really comes down to whether I trust Christ or not.

It’s all about choices.  Choosing to rejoice.  Choosing to pray about everything.  Choosing to be content.  Choosing to trust.

What will you choose?

.

No comments: