Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year


I’ve thought about writing and have just not done it. 

I finished my graduate degree.  I finished my semester at school.  I enjoyed a week in  PA over Christmas visiting my parents.  I enjoyed a week at home over New Years.  Soon it will be back at the routine of life. 

How is 2011 going to be different for me than 2010?  I really don’t know.  I am hoping and praying that we sell our property on St Simons Island.  That is the only thing standing between us and our plans to move.  I am hoping and praying that my daughter will finish her junior year strong and make her decision on a college major and a school.  We will be preparing our home to be put up for sale in about a year.  So, lots of “big” changes coming up for us as a family.

New Years is a common time for people to think about change.  As I am sitting here today I am thinking about things I need to improve.  Some of those are “no brainers.”  I need to improve my fitness level.  Now that my foot is getting better, I need to start a walking regimen. 

I need to improve how I spend my free time.  I have stacks of books that I’d like to read.  Now that I am finished with grad school I have time to read. 

I need to continue to work on quality time with God.  I think this will remain on my list for years to come.  Not just time but quality time.  I need to set aside time when I am alert. Too many times my time with God is when I am exhausted.  When I have nothing left to give to anyone else, that’s when I sit down and pick up my Bible.  Isn’t God worth more than that?

What about you?  What are you resolving to change in your life this next year? 

One thing I intend to do in the next day or so is to set specific goals in how I am going to accomplish these resolutions.  Without a specific plan, these are just words. 

 

“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 3:13-14

.

No comments: