Sunday, January 30, 2011

How big is your God?


I have been struggling with making myself write the last couple of weeks.  I’ve given quite a bit of thought lately to how “big” is my God.  Do I act like He can do anything?  Do I pray like I believe He can do anything?  Or, do I pray like even He has limits.  Or that perhaps He is too busy for me?  Do I really cast all my cares on Him.  Do I treat Him like he owns the cattle on a thousand hills?  Do I really understand how much He loves me?  Do I trust him for things I can’t just handle on my own?

I think a lot of people (me included) only pray for things we can actually accomplish ourselves.  With these kinds of prayers we never really see what God can do.  We never really see His power.

We’ve got a lot going on in our family right now and we really need God to intervene.  My husband has a very special aunt who is intensive care following a stroke.  She’s been in a coma like state for a week and they can’t waken her.  They can’t get the pressure down in her head enough to wake her up.  If and when they do waken her, we are told she won’t be the same.  We are praying for a miracle from God.  I believe that He can choose to heal to her completely.  That is something completely out of our hands.  Do you have anything going on in your life that is completely out of your hands?

 

Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

.

No comments: