Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Needed a Break


I haven’t written for a couple of weeks.  I felt like I needed a break from writing.  It was becoming too much of a “to do” and was lacking passion on my part.  I needed to take a couple of weeks and just read the Word and try to soak it in. 

Have you ever felt like you just wanted to read and read the Word?   Psalm 1 talks about meditating on the Word day and night. 

Spending time in the Word should be an important part of every Christian’s life.  Soak it in and let it affect every area of your life.  The Word contains everything we need to know for living our lives.

 

Psalm 119:105 – “Thy word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.”

Hebrews 4:12 says – “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”

Isaiah 40:8 -  “The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.”

2 Timothy 3:16 - “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness”

.

No comments: