Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Can’t see God


God is always there.  God is always good.  God loves you.

Sound familiar?

Do these kind of sayings comfort you?

Sometimes I feel like I can’t see God.  I can’t feel his presence.  Guess whose fault that is? 

When I can’t see God, it is because I have closed my eyes.  It is because I have refused to look.  God is all around me all the time.  His creation shows his majesty. 

The world teaches me things like – “I am the most important thing.”  “It’s all about me.”  “There’s nothing you can’t accomplish if you put your mind to it.”

All of that sounds good but is not true.  It’s a form of humanism.  It’s no wonder when we encounter problems that we try immediately to solve them ourselves instead of turning to God. 

The Bible is full of stories about men and women who thought they had all the answers.  Then they discovered they couldn’t make it on their own.  God’s hope for all of us is that we will will eventually realize that we need him.

I don’t have to look far to see faithlessness.  I simply need to look at my own life.  I need to trust fully in God’s presence in my life and his love for me.  I need to seek immediate and constant help from God. 

The Bible describes faith as “the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”  (Hebrews 11:11) 

Get to know God.  Get to know his character.  Then cling to tightly to the promises that he has given you.  He who has promised is faithful.   (Hebrews 10:23)

Now to press on with the journey.  I am sure lots of opportunities will present themselves along the way.  Opportunities to show my faith.  Opportunities to choose to see God and to seek his plan and his wisdom.  Help me keep my eyes open and see God in the midst of everything.

.

No comments: