Thursday, August 23, 2012

Talk with God


It seems like I am doing a lot of follow-up posts.  Sorry about that but God is good and still teaching me in some of these areas.  This is a follow-up post to my post entitled “Fog”.  Read it first and then come back here.

As I talked with God this morning and poured out my heart to Him, He impressed some things on my mind.  (I wrote about feeling restless and unplugged in my “Fog” post.) 

Here are some things I jotted down as God impressed them on my heart this morning.

  • I’m in control. (God speaking)
  • I have you where I want you to be.
  • You need to be submissive to my will.  (ouch)
  • You need to “bloom where you are planted.”
  • Guard your heart.
  • Study My Word.
  • I’ll let you know when I am ready to move you into something else. 
  • Trust me in everything.
  • Believe that I have a plan for your life.
  • Believe that my ways are not your ways.  Walk in my ways.
  • You are a soldier but I am the King.  You don’t move into battle without orders.  And you don’t leave the front line of the battle I’ve placed you in just because you want to fight somewhere else.
  • Trust me. Love me. Spend time with me.  Walk with me.

I didn’t hear an audible voice but these are the things I know God was telling me. 

How about you?  Have you been quiet before the Lord lately?  Have you listened to what He might be saying to you?  You have to be still before Him and listen.

Listen to HIs voice.  Trust Him.  As I continue to learn to trust and obey, the peace that comes from God fills my heart.  I am content to wait on the Savior.  I’m not restless any more.

No comments: