Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goals

A friend recently asked my why I haven’t posted my New Year’s resolutions.  I’m not a big fan of waiting until January 1 to make changes in my life.  I try to be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit and if I need to change something in my life, I do it then. 

With that said, I do think that it is a good idea to take some time and review where you are in life and where you want to be and then make some goals that will lead you on that path.  You know the old saying, “If you aim for nothing, you’ll hit it every time.” 

And so, I did set forth some goals for the coming year.  Here you go ….

1. Make prayer a priority.  (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; Psalm 145:18; Philippians 4:6; Colossians 4:2)

2. Believe God for the impossible.  (See #1)  (Ephesians 3:20)

3. Pray for my marriage and try to love and appreciate my husband in real tangible ways.   (See #1)  

4. Pray that I will be a living sacrifice …. totally surrendered to the Lord.  (See #1)  (Romans 12:1)

5. Listen more for the Holy Spirit’s voice and then obey.  (See #1)  (John 16:13)

6. Be bolder in sharing my faith with others.   (Not without #1)  (Acts 4:12)

7. Whole heartedly seek God.  (See #1)   (Matt. 22:37)

8. Laugh loud and often.   (Proverbs 17:22; Psalm 126:2)

9. Protect my personal time and be sure to have quiet time every day.  (See #1)  (James 4:8; Psalm 1:2; Psalm 46:10)

10. Memorize a Bible verse a week.   (Psalm 119:9 –11; Joshua 1:8)

Some of these are going to be easier than others.  Many relate back to #1.  I am committed to working hard towards these goals but know that my accountability for accomplishing these lies with God.  God sees my heart and knows what I deepest desire. 

I didn’t make any goals about blogging.  I have not blogged as much recently.  This is partially due to busyness but also to the fact that I haven’t felt the freedom to share over the internet some of what God has been teaching me.  And so going into this next year, I don’t have a blogging goal but I will share as I feel led from the Lord to do so.

What are your goals?  How did you come up with them?

No comments: