Monday, July 27, 2015

Some thoughts from this morning

I come to God in complete surrender. I have no rights. My rights were nailed to the cross when I accepted Jesus as my Savior. It’s all about Jesus – His glory, His mission.  Knowing and loving Jesus is the goal of my existence.  And so because of this, I study the Word, pray, seek, press on to know Him better every day.

Surrender. Then surrender some more. Sometimes it is surrendering the same things over and over again. Other times God reveals new things in my life that need surrendered – things I didn’t even know were a problem.

The more I surrender, the more I discover I need to surrender, and so the more I surrender. And the more I surrender, the more I discover it is really  a moment-by-moment practice of surrendering.  Then I need to remember to keep my hands off – leave it on the altar. 

God is constantly working in the midst of my crazy life. God is preparing me for His purposes. He is working in me so that He might work through me.

Be faithful in wherever He has me. Be faithful in my job. Be faithful in the Word. Be faithful in prayer. Be faithful in reaching out to others. Be faithful in teaching. Be faithful as a wife and a mom. Represent Jesus well everywhere and all the time. Be faithful in the small things. God is shaping me and remaking me into the vessel that He is going to use. Relax and enjoy the process.

Surrender my desires. Surrender my wisdom. Surrender everything. Trust God with everything. Surrender the desire to be comfortable. Surrender the desire to know the plan. God’s going to get me from Point A (here) to Point B (who knows where). I don’t need to know the details on how.

It’s not about “just doing it” or “gittin er done”.  It’s about waiting and growing. It’s about trusting and obeying. It’s about letting God be God.

He who has promised is faithful. God will not break His Word. Nothing is impossible for Him.

“I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope.”  Psalm 130:5

No comments: