Monday, January 7, 2008

Resolutions

I'm back! What was suppose to be two wonderful weeks off, turned into two weeks of illness. Hopefully I'm going to shake this thing soon. Here's what I've been thinking about lately…

I've always been one to make New Years Resolutions. Nothing too earth shattering but I like to take the time to examine what I'm doing with my life, where I'm headed and what I need to change in order to get to the desired destination.

I think it is a good thing to examine your life and see how you are doing. I think God is pleased when we think through our resolutions but He desires us to do this on a daily basis not a yearly basis. What is so special about waiting until Jan 1st to decide to make changes? If there's something in your life that isn't right, God is waiting and wanting you to make it right.

Use the beginning of this new year to make some new starts. Perhaps you want to start a prayer journal, a daily quiet time, a fast, regular church attendance, etc ........... God is all about new beginnings and second chances. All we have to do is decide to start now.

How do we get started? Just do it. Make each day a goal of its' own. You can't look to the finish line. Did I have a quiet time every day this year? But instead make it, did I have my quiet time today. Did I do the right thing today? Did I reach out to someone who needed it today?

So resolve this year, to make each day a new starting point. If you blew it yesterday, just tell God you blew it, and start again. Life is about what you do with today. No one is guaranteed tomorrow. Live in the moment and walk with Jesus every moment. He loves you and is waiting to help you through each and every moment of every day.

You don't need to wait until Jan 1st to make changes in your life. You can make them each and every day. Make your decision. Trust God and then go for it!


1 John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

2 Corinthians 5:17 " Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! "

No comments: