Saturday, November 8, 2008

Life is Short

.
I started working on this on Thursday but I’ve had a hard time making time to get it finished. My thoughts still seem kind of jumbled.

Thursday morning when I got up, I was tired and I was wishing it was Friday. Then I was remembered something that I often tell my daughter, “Don’t wish your life away. Live every day to its fullest. Life is too short to lose even a single day.”

“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” (James 4:14)

Then later on that day I heard a song on the radio that confirmed this idea for me – Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. The song was inspired by his daughter Maria and her sisters and is a message to all parents encouraging them to cherish every moment with their children. What he didn’t know when he wrote the song was that Maria’s life would be cut short by a tragic accident. I get teary eyed now every time I hear it play. You can play it here - http://www.albumrankings.com/showSong.php?song_id=898672

Do you comprehend the brevity of life? Have you left anything undone that you would do today if you knew you were going to die tomorrow? If so, you need to do it today. Be sure to hug your kids daily and tell them you love them. Don’t take even one day on this earth for granted because we really don’t know what the future holds.

..

No comments: