Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thanksgiving Experiment

.
Thanksgiving is just over a week away. Are you ready? By that, I don't mean have you bought your turkey or have you invited your guests. What I really mean is, are you preparing your heart? Are you beginning to think about the things you are thankful for?

I am going to try this Thanksgiving Experiment and we’ll see how faithful I am. I’m going to try to list 10 things every day that I am thankful for.

Here it goes for today:(first day will be easy)

I am thankful …
1. that Jesus loves me.
2. that I was raised in a Christian family.
3. for my husband. (Yes –that wonderful husband who drives me nuts from time to time. I’m sure he would tell you that I drive him crazy as well.)
4. for a wonderful daughter.
5. for a good job.
6. that my statistics class is only an 8 week course!
7. for a nice home.
8. that I live in a free country where I can still choose to worship God without persecution.
9. that I belong to a bible believing church.
10. for my church family.

This is a great exercise. Try it yourself. Think up ten new and different things to be thankful for each day from now until Thanksgiving Day.

Here's a little chorus to help you focus. It's a YouTube video but the video part only projects the words.

No comments: