Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Starts


I feel like the theme for the last week has been “new starts".” 

I wiped out my hard drive on my laptop and loaded Windows 7.  My laptop got a new start.  All that was done before was gone and I am slowly reloading just the software that I am currently using.  That should make the computer faster and easier to use.  The old is gone away and the new has come.  (By the way – I love Windows 7!)

Our church voted the end of the year and elected a new pastor.  He started this past Sunday.  Therefore, the church got a new start.  I think he is going to be great.  He is a godly man and a great leader.  I think we will be challenged to get off our duffs and do something for the kingdom.

School started back up today and we are beginning a new semester.  All the students got a new start with their grades.  Since my class is only a semester long, I have a whole new group of students to get to know and I get to start the material all over again. 

Of course, I could always talk about the New Year.  Are you getting used to writing 2010 yet?  With the New Year comes lots of new starts.  You could have a new start with keeping up with your finances or your health. 

As we look forward to a new start, let’s always remember that God is always in complete control.  It is His plan that His children grow up to be more like Christ.  He knows the plans He has for us. 

As we look to the new year, do not forget the past.  We need to remember the past so we can learn from it and then move forward into our future with open hearts and minds for whatever God has for us.

Start out the New Year with a fresh point of view to new experiences, memories and blessings. Having an opened mind and heart to wherever the Lord may take you with full assurance and confidence that He is with you. (Matthew 28:19-20)

Be sure to allow others the chance of a new start. Don’t hold things that happened in the past against them.  Allow them room to change as God works in their lives.  “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”  (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Look at your life and try to find areas where you need a “new start” and then go for it.

.

No comments: