Sunday, January 24, 2010

What is man?


Our Sunday School discussion today came from Psalm 8.  Here are some of my thoughts today stemming from that discussion.

“When I consider your heavens,
       the work of your fingers,
       the moon and the stars,
       which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
       the son of man that you care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
       and crowned him with glory and honor.”  (Psalm 8:3-5)

When I look at the stars and the intricacies of creation, I wonder how great is the God that we serve.  The stars in PA where we hope to move are amazing.  It’s in the country and there aren’t any lights close by to interfere with the stars.  They are absolutely incredible.

Then I wonder how God could be so concerned about me – when I constantly disappoint him.  I mean well.  I try hard.  I am so glad I am saved by faith and that the blood of Jesus covers all my mistakes and shortcomings.  (Ephesians 2:8-9)  (1 John 1:9)

God created me a little lower than the angels. 

The next time you question your value as a person, remember that God considers you extremely valuable.  He created you in His image.  He loves you.  He knows the number of hairs on your head. (Luke 12:7)  He will never leave you or forsake you  (Hebrews 13:5) 

Listen to the song and let it minister to your heart…

 

.

No comments: