Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tiger should turn to Christian Faith

 
The video below is about 1 minute long.  Listen to it and then read my reaction below.

 

"The extent to which he can recover, it seems to me, depends on his faith. He is said to be a Buddhist. I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith. So, my message to Tiger would be, 'Tiger, turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world."

I don’t know a lot about the Buddhist religion but I do know that they don’t really believe in God.  They believe they can become their own gods.  Perhaps Tiger thought he was starting to achieve this. It seems like he thought he could do what he wanted and not get caught.

I think the guy on this video had a lot of guts to say what he did.  He correctly analyzed Tiger’s problem.  His problem is a spiritual one.  His problem is that he needs a relationship with the living God.

He needs that relationship to help him find meaning and purpose in life.  He needs to trust Christ to save him and help him through tough times.  When a person becomes a Christian, everything he has done in his past is forgiven.  (i John 1:9)  After receiving the forgiveness, the Christian is expected to turn from his sin and change his ways.  No other religion offers this kind of forgiveness.

I’m glad this news reporter had the guts to talk about the real issue.  How many of us would have done the same thing ….

.

No comments: