Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is coming up in just over 2 weeks.  It is time again to start to focus on all the things in my life that I am thankful for.  I did a post similar to this a couple of years ago.  It really helped me focus on counting my blessings.

I am thankful for my health.  While it still isn’t great, it is much better than this time last year.  A year ago I was struggling with a really sore foot and I was scheduled for some female surgery.  My foot is much better and the surgery was a success. 

I am thankful for my family.  I have a great kid.  She loves the Lord.  She is constantly putting others needs in front of her own.  She’s has a real servant’s heart. 

I am thankful for godly parents who raised me in a Christian home.  I am thankful that they were able to sell their farm this summer and move into an adult community.  I am thankful that they are both healthy.  Mom was really sick most of last winter and had me really worried.

I am thankful for a good job.  I work at a really good school and I work with some really great people. 

I am thankful for my church.  It is a great place to worship and we have pastors who are not afraid to preach the truth. 

I am thankful for heat.  It has been cold at night for a couple of weeks and our furnace was broken for about three weeks.

Be sure in this upcoming Thanksgiving season that you pause and give thanks for all the blessings you have in your life.

.

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Good to know about your thanks giving party. Couple of months ago, I arranged a brunch party with my friends at one of exemplary Los Angeles venues. Hired a reputed party caterer and they made wonderful arrangements for this party.