Monday, July 30, 2012

Update


If you’ve followed my blog for long, you know that we chose to leave our jobs in Georgia and move “home” to rural Pennsylvania.  I wrote about some of our struggles with this.  (Check out March 5th and January 9th for example.)

Well, here’s the update.  My husband and I both were able to get jobs and that is a miracle in this job market.  We had 2 houses in Georgia to sell.  One has sold and the other has a contract on it….. another miracle.  We didn’t get any where close to what we wanted for either house but we are convinced we are where God wants us to be and we are trusting God to continue to provide.

We don’t really understand what God is teaching us right now but we know He is in control.  We know that God causes all things to work together for good.  We know that God loves us more than we can even imagine.  We know that He holds our future in his hands.  We know that trusting God is the right thing to do and we’ve never waivered on that.

And so we are simply pressing on.  Our second house should close next week and we will see what that brings.  We would like to put in a small 2 bedroom house.  We don’t need a lot of fancy stuff.  Of course, we are like everyone else and we have our list of “wants” but God is teaching us the difference between needs and wants.  God is teaching us how to live a simpler life.  God is teaching us to trust him with every detail of our lives …. I think it is going to take me a lifetime to master this one.

We’ve settled into a new church and are meeting people there.  That’s always a challenge for me because while I can write all kinds of things, I do not meet new people easily.  I joined the choir … yes I am back to singing.  (not a quitter any more.) 

Work is not consuming my life the way it did in the past.  The 2011-2012 school year was one of the hardest years of my life.  I put in a lot of days where I worked 10+ hours.  So while change is hard, this change was for the good.  I am able to have more time with my family.

And so, I’m choosing right now to Skip Through Life and enjoy every day. 

Lord, let me never forget what You have done to get me home.

No comments: