Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thanks Mom and Dad

If you have been following my blog, you know that my husband and I quit our jobs in Georgia in the spring and moved to Pennsylvania.  We purchased land in PA about 6 years ago and felt God leading us to move home.  We waited until our daughter graduated from high school to make the move.

God blessed us as we sought his direction. We were both able to obtain jobs.  We were able to sell our houses (we had 2) in Georgia over the summer.  We lost tens of thousands of dollars in our real estate sales but we trust God to provide for us moving forward.

We began the process in August to obtain the necessary permits for our new house. This process was very frustrating and time consuming.  We finally obtained our building permit about the first of December.  house

We were able to get the foundation dug and then we were hit with three consecutive snow storms and the holidays.  This week work resumed on the property and we now have our footers poured.

During all of these events, we remained confident that we had done the right thing leaving Atlanta. 

We’ve been living with my parents since Memorial Day.  We all thought this was going to be a short term living arrangement and that is not what it has turned into.  They have been very gracious and hospitable.  It has been great observing them and how they have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable.  They live out their Christian faith every day..

I moved away 25 years ago.  Moving back and now living with them day in and day out, I get to see them in all kinds of situations.  As a women in my 50s I notice and appreciate things about them that I didn’t when I was younger.  They are truly amazing.  They exhibit incredible love, patience, and kindness.  They both work as volunteers at several organizations in the area.  They give and give until they have nothing left.

I still firmly believe that we were supposed to move home.  I still firmly believe that we are going to get into our own house…hopefully soon.  I don’t know what God has in store for us in the future but I am trying to live one day at a time.  I am trying to keep my focus on Jesus and trust that everything is working out according to His plan.  I know that I will be forever changed by the events of 2012.  Thanks Mom and Dad.

 

James 2:14-18
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.

1 Timothy 6:11-12
But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

No comments: