Sunday, January 13, 2008

Your Ultimate Destination

A friend asked me why I take the time to blog. I'm not sure I have a good answer for this question. Part of the reason is I really do want to share what God has been teaching me and leading me through. Not that I am anybody special but I am on a journey. A journey whose ending point is heaven and I am just relating things that I am thinking and believing along the way. In Philippians Paul talks about the idea of not being perfect but forgetting what has happened in the past and pressing on toward the goal of heaven.

I am not perfect, none of us are. We are all sinners who don't deserve God's grace and we are all on the same journey. That's the journey life and living. There are only two possible ending points to this journey - heaven or hell. There are no other choices. The only thing that determines your ending point is whether you've placed your faith in Christ. Nothing a person can do or say will change that. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast.”

One of the reasons I wanted to blog was because I am by nature a relatively shy person. I have a lot of things I would like to share but I am not naturally going to speak up and do that. Also, I love the idea of sharing my faith in Christ to the world through this blog. The last thing Jesus told his disciples to do was to go and make disciples of all nations. What easier way is there than to talk about my faith online!

If you are reading this blog right now, you have the ability to choose your ultimate destination. Place you faith in Christ and choose the destination of heaven. Then ask him for help along the way. The road will be full of bumps but He who has saved you will see you through.


Philippians 3:12-14 “ Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.”

No comments: