Friday, May 9, 2008

Music Effects Me

Music has a profound effect on my life. There are lots of times I get a tune stuck in my head and I find myself going over and over it all day.

Today was a rough day. I had one of those "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days." No matter which way I turned, I ran into someone who wanted me to do something else, fix something, or change something.

As I tried not to focus on the events of the day, but on God, He brought a song to my mind. "Word of God, Speak" by Mercy Me began to go through my mind, over and over again.

To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

What I realized was God was ministering to me as my mind focused on Him. The trick is you have to feed your mind these things so that when you need it, you can have it "pop" into your head and lift you up.

We have to train our minds by choosing to input truth into it. Listening to Christian music may help. Being in the Word of God daily will make a difference in your life. The Word of God needs to be in your mind and heart so that when tough times come, you react out of faith and trust in Christ - not out of your own flesh.

2 Corinthians 10:5 "We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ”

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. "

No comments: